Monday, June 6, 2011

Return of the Kung Fu Panda - last of the art







I think this is the last of the art that anyone would be interested to look at versus postering weird boring production orthos and other tidbits. These lead off with 2 boards of ideas that I pitched for the final battle sequence in the movie. They knew that there was going to be a huge showdown, but where and how was up for grabs. I took a lot of inspiration from a sequence in the movie Hero - where the season begin to change during a battle - and some of the crazy fight sequences from both Naruto anime. I pitched what I called the most expensive sequence ever. I had an idea involving Po and Shen fighting on a fiery out of control boat speeding down a river as it rains and it eventually turns to snow. Obviously they didn't do that, but some of it did stick. 

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent!

Junko Miyakoshi said...

Wow... just wow!!
I would love to see more stuff behind the scene if you change your mind!!

Cheers,
Junko

Andrea Pucci said...

Simply marvellous!

Mike Nassar said...

fannnnnntastic! I love the first image showing the shift in design.

Owen Williams said...

Spectacular work, big thanks for sharing. It would be interesting to see your roughs up here too if possible. Great stuff

Dilanka Samaratunga said...

Great Work!

JennySRP said...

I love color boards. They make my heart go pitter patter.

Gabby Zapata said...

Mindblown! Your work is amazing and a huge inspiration! I was actually looking at your art at work today! :) Thanks for the twitter follow!

Chromi - Estevao Chromiec said...

Awesome! I saw this sequence today and it's terrific! congratulations!